There’s a recipe over on Reddit that’s getting rave reviews. It’s weird name is explained by the OP, u/spider_hugs… “This was my mom’s recipe. Named so because my dad sheepishly asked me to make for his birthday, despite the fact they’ve been divorced for over 20 years. Use a cream cheese frosting.” Some people complain that the cake is too dense. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m looking forward to having a reason to.
OP only posted a screenshot of a recipe card, so here’s the recipe written out:
- 1c oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 c honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2c carrots, grated
- 2c flour *
- 2 tsp cinnamon *
- 2 tsp baking soda *
- 1 c coconut
- 1/2 c walnuts
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
OP doesn’t specify a recipe for the cream cheese frosting, but this one is pretty good.
- 8 tablespoons (113g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- one 8-ounce package (227g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 cups (283g to 397g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk or cream, optional, if necessary to thin frosting
Beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the salt and vanilla. Beat in the sugar. Add a teaspoon of milk or cream if the frosting is too stiff to spread; add additional sugar if it’s too thin.